Friday, May 5, 2017

Socratic Seminar Morrie Reflection

The Socratic seminars have made me think more about why Morrie was so open with death and how he was able to share what he feels with the world and not in his house mourning his death. The seminar let me find out that Morrie was never afraid of death and he embraced it by being with loved ones and not letting any emotions take full control of him. Doing this it gave me more of an understanding of the message the book is trying to reach for the reader. Not only did the seminar helped with the book but it made me think about my daily life. What would I do if I was slowly dying  because of a disease. All of these questions start going through my mind and makes me realize the little things in life. It gave me a veiw on today's society that everyone is just trying to spread negativity in the world.

Through the seminar I noticed that I always had one goal, and that is to start a conversation about a topic in the book. It never came to be yet I still tried to participate for me to understand other peoples view. On every seminar I would listen because of love hearing what people have to day about their opinion. But the more we did it the more my goals began to change. I wanted to say at least one thing at every talk but then I made it 2 or 3. The more I listen the more I had to say and I was able to start a conversation. I personally think it was a good idea to do the seminars and im kinda sad that that was out last one.

Everyone in who participated in the seminar everyone liked to make connnection about their personal lives. It usually revolves around death since that was a majority topic since the book is talking about death. We all pitched in to the conversation and we would laugh about it. It is great to listen to each other and we listen respectfully. There are times where we interrupt each other by acccident and it happens more than you think. That usually what happens in our seminars and it's a great way to learn. I wish I will be able to do this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment