Thursday, May 11, 2017

Morrie Aphorism Project

  The aphorism that Morrie shares with Mitch is, "...if you really want it, then you'll make your dream happen." (Page 47). It tells that giving up isn't going to get you anywhere in life. You keep going and you keep working hard to achieve the dream you always wanted. Every successful person in the world got there from never giving up and never just payed there thinking their life will always be the same. This is not true, everyone has a purpose in life and it isn't just going to be handed to you like you think. This is what Morrie believes in when he explains to his students that any career or thing in life will be achievable if you just keep going. That is the strongest message of them all.

  It may sound corny or even cliche but it happens a lot and it may even happen to you. In movies or documentaries that depict the life of a successful person, for example Steve jobs. In that movie it shows Steve in is garage with friends making computers. After countless fails and rejections from companies he never stoped trying to revolutionize technology. He eventually started his companies and it grew to something you see today. Despite the huge bumps on the way he was able to complete hi dream through had work and never giving up. This sort of thing happened to me except not computers. All my life I've wanted to play basketball, I started when I was five and I was using a neighbors hoop and a soccer ball. After countless hours of practicing I was finnally able to find a form I can use to make shots. I soon was able to play against people way older than me. But it isn't that easy, so many times I've lost and made fun of because I was always "bigger" than other kids my age. It brought me down but I kept going and was able to become a role model for some people.

I believe that this aphorism is true and it really is a huge part of a great life. In everybody there is something that they want and it is almost always not going to be handed to them like that. You know you want it when you don't give up on it and you keep going. This is what the first part of the aphorism shows, "...if you really want wat it...". The second part comes in when you have the dream and finally achieve it with a boost of confident that anything is possible. That is why I agree with this aphorism and is a great message to show to anybody having a very hard time not being able to compel themselves to achieve their dream.

If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living




No comments:

Post a Comment