Friday, September 8, 2017

Adrenaline Junkie

It was early morning on the 8th of July, 2016. My family had just woken up and immediately started packing the van. When we were done with packing my family and my sisters family were starting to get situated in the van. The last one to board was my mom who was bringing my dog. We were soon on the road to Wisconsin. The car ride was extremely long, and everybody was getting restless. My dog started to get hot but there wasn't much to do about it. Soon I was fast asleep by the sound of the endless road. What seemed like seconds everyone started to yell, "WELCOME TO WISCONSIN!" 30 minutes later we saw Wisconsin Dells in the distance.

A day and a half goes by and we enter a park called Mount Olympus Water and Theme Park. We went there for 2 days straight mostly going for the water park. But on the last day we went, we decided to go to the theme park side. We decided to ride saw much as we can, then I decided to face my fear and ride the HADES 360. The hades 360 is a wooden coaster that was recently remodeled. The people who did it added a 360 barrel roll loop which made it really intimidating. But I went for it, little did I know I was going to regret this insane decision. 

It was getting really dark and the park was going close in an hour or so. I was hoping I would be able to ride it, but halfway through the line I realized I made a huge mistake. Just above me you can feel the train car rumbling to the station. Everytime it happens I start shaking more violently, it was at a point I was just going to bail out. But thankfully there were some very brave people in the line and they started to calm me down. They were telling different stories about the ride and how it was so worth the fear. I even saw a 7 year old waiting in line to ride it! So I stayed in the line, soon enough I boarded on. Once boarded everything that people said to me slipped my mind and I started screaming. Then I saw the operator press go... I prayed for my life.

The train zoomed to the chain lift. It pulled the car with force as im flung back into my seat. The car was slowly climbing the 160 feet of wood. While going up you can hear the wood creaking and swaying, then we reached the top. The without warning we go down at skull rattiling speed through a tunnel and out. We do a 360 barrel roll, for almost milliseconds I could feel the blood rush to my head. Then we head into the tunnel again. I was being thrown around from left to right in pitch black darkness screaming for my life. Before I could catch my breath the ride was over. We reached the station and I took of my safety bar and got off.

I struggled to stand up due to my legs still looking for the ground. Going down the stairs I was so happy but also trying not to fall. The people in line were right. I'm so glad I rode it because it is a once in a lifetime ride. If I ever do come back to the park, the first thing I'm going to ride is the HADES 360.

1 comment:

  1. I like your use of vocabulary and adjectives! Great story!

    ReplyDelete