Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My Identity

Everyone has a different finger print, that's what identifies you. But it is much more than that. My identity was shaped over time because of expierences. To start off, my name is Brandon, I'm 13 and I have a older sister, older brother and a younger twin sister. Everyone assumes I'm younger than my twin because of my height compared to my sister. People widely know me as the "kid with the extremely puffy hair" or what they like to call me "wolverine." My intelligence is also something that separates me from the rest of my family. I'm always the one who learns first and everyone gets mad because it takes them longer to figure it out. Everything is a competition for me, especially when it comes to sports. I hate to lose and get mad really easily, but when I do get angry I tend to do better.

That was all of the traits that I am now, but I wasn't always like that. During my childhood my parents has some problems. There was always a fight, to make matters worse my sister moved away when she was 16 and had her first kid. I was only 5 and was an uncle. Then Christmas came and my parents had another fight. This time it was worse because they started to get physical. He went to jail for a couple months. I have seen both of my parents in hand cuffs before. Last summer my dad was arrested and we filed a restraining order. Only last month he came back. But because of that I value what I have and think about kids who don't have an opportunity to ever meet their parents. That is my identity

Everyone has an identity, even if you don't value it. Everybody is unique and there is no shame for being different. Remember, no one is the same, like a fingerprint.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon, this is Clarence, your blogging partner. If I may, this post has a lovely message, one we should all take to heart, and your honesty in what others may be too shy to talk about is refreshing to read.

    ReplyDelete